Friday 28 September 2012

Holiday Time :)

So I have just came back from the most amazing holiday ever, however in the process I got attacked by mosquitos and got burnt to a crisp. I still didn't want it to end though.
So here are a few tips for your own holiday :)
I didn't try them while I was there but tried them when I got back last night.


Mosquito Bites

What you will need:

carrier oil- Almond oil
essential oil- lavender
essential oil- eucalyptus globus
essential oil- peppermint
dark glass bottle
plastic measuring cup
I used one drop of each and mixed them with 30 ml or almond oil.
It worked great on my bites the itchiness and swelling have almost completely gone.
The lavender minamise the itchiness where the eucalyptus and peppermint are anti toxic.

I have been putting it on every 4/5 hours or so today when I start to feel a slight itch, its amazing :).
make sure to store this blend in a dark glass bottle to keep it from reacting with the sunlight until you use it again. The 30ml blend lasted the day for me but if your making more it will again only keep up to 5 days.


Sun Burn

What you will need:

carrier oil- almond oil
essential oil- lavender 
essential oil- rose
plastic measuring cup

I used 3 drops of each essential oil and again 30 ml of almond oil, I rubbed it all over my legs, legs and feet, I used up the 30 ml in one go. So made another blend for before I go to bed. These 2 essential oils are anti-inflammatorys and pain relieving.  

tip- if its on your back thats sunburnt or any other hard to reach places, try diluting it with water (100ml) rather than almond oil and put in a spray bottle so they will be easier to reach, this will again keep for around 5 days.

Also great for your sunburn is aloe vera which is in most after suns but also in most cheap body lotions as well, just make sure if you decide to use these inside that they aren't perfumed!


No comments:

Post a Comment